The dissertation deals with the work of the artistic couple Anna and Bernhard Blume. According to the title "Heils-Wahn und Zeit-Schwindel"(The swindle of salvation, madness and time), in the present dissertation, the key-words parody, irony and caricature will be analysed.
The term parody is so far a lack in research within the reception of Anna and Bernhard Blume`s work. The theme parody as an art-scientific term encloses and establishes the following chapter of the dissertation. The irony of Blume meets the ironic distance of the philosopher Richard Rorty and the ironic exaggeration of "the negative affirmation" of Bazon Brock, a mediator of culture and theorist.
Among others, it will be dealt with the following works:
-Time and Photoactions in the photoproduction and in the drawings of Anna & Bernhard Blume. The strategy of affirmation: humorous demysticism of photographs and negative affirmation in the photoproduction by the couple Blume.
- The frame of salvation and the auratic shine, signs of auraticism and glory characterise the drawings and photo-sequences by Anna and Bernhard Blume.
-Empathy and the problem of self-reference become studies of perception in Blume`s drawings. The polaroid-series "Gegenseitig" Köln 1990 (mutual) shows the problem of self-reference.
- Fake as a performance in Anna & Bernhard Blume`s work is one possibility to interpret the irony in their work. By means of the conception of irony by Richard Rorty, the numerous photo-sequences of the couple Blume will counter the starting point of a caricature of philosophy.
- Spirituality in religion and everyday life can be observed in animated objects, as for instance, in the photo-sequence "Kartoffelschrift" 1986/87 (potato-writing) as "Seelenzeichen"(signs of soul).
- Hallucination and a weightless dream beneath/at a tree are photographic reflexions about a collective unconscious discussed in the photo-series "Im Wald" Großfoto-Serie 1980/81 und 1988/90 "Transzendentaler Konstruktivismus" Großfoto-Serie 1986 und 1992/94 (In the forest/Transcendental construction)
- Swindle and emphatic transmission focus on the chaos of a crazy world that has lost its balance. The ambiguity of swindle and swindle is, on the one hand, a cognitive result (a lie) and, on the other hand, a disturbance of balance (Vestibularium/Vertigo).
- The demand for reality of what is presented (Der Wirklichkeitsanspruch des Abgebildeten) is questioned in the drawings and photo-sequences by the artistic couple Anna and Bernhard Blume.
- The Foto-series "The principle of cruelty" could be contemplated under the aspect of a visual parody. The Foto-comic-strip "Prinzip Grausamkeit"(The principle of cruelty) 1999 by Bernhard Blume is a photo-parody.